Wednesday 21 December 2011

Tiny tiny tiny little darlings

My Berghia arrived yesterday and HOLY CRAP are they tiny.  I dripped them over a couple of hours and then let them crawl out on their own.  I have put them into a container that has a 200um mesh screen so I at least know where they are.
My berghia breeding chamber.  This floats in a little tank that is connected to the main 800 lt brood tank.   It has a think layer of sand at the bottom, just to give the berghia a bit of security.


 Can you see it?


Little tank connected to the main system, which allows good water movement
Very excited to get this breeding project off the ground.  Now I just hope the aiptasia hold out.   I have been stressing them by poking them a couple of times, but think I may squirt frozen RO water over them and completely stress them out even more.  I need them to spread their love!

We had a very eventful day in the fish shed yesterday.  Little girl Mandarin got stuck and I had to free her.  Not the brightest of fish.  She seems ok, but I am not expecting eggs off her for a while.   Also upset the whole tank by catching the reef lobster and cleaner shrimp yesterday and moved them into my free section in the broodstock tank.  Now I only need a female reef lobster and I will give those a go.

I pulled a lovely big ball of eggs from Mr Orchid (day two!) Good sign really as he has normally started to eat them by now.   They are tumbling slowly in a rain gauge, and should by all accounts hatch tomorrow.



My second gramma fish turns out was not a female, and died yesterday by being bullied by the bigger fish, who I am sure is male.   I may try and get the trio off Perry. 


I am still waiting for a mate for my bio colour blenny, who I am sure is male.   The Perc clowns are still eating my hands, but are showing signs of getting ready to spawn.   And I am not expecting much from the Clarkii just yet.


Its all go around mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment