Monday 19 December 2011

OMG - I have an article in UltraMarine Magazine - who would have thought?

Certainly not my English Teacher that's for sure.  Still it gives a huge feeling of pride that your ramblings on your favourite subject is getting published in a real honest to goodness magazine.
http://www.ultramarinemagazine.co.uk/sites/default/files/Issue31Contents.pdf
If you haven't already go and get a copy, the rest of the magazine is an awesome read!

I have spent a rather industrious weekend in the fish shed.   I managed to flood the floor at least twice, once while doing a water change, and the other time I forgot which end had a mesh covered hole and turned the bowl the way.  Couldn't understand why my feet were wet :D

I also spent some time with my new love - Aiptasia!  Yes ok, there is no need to call the loony bin.  I am getting some Berghia Nudis soon and have been tending to my aiptasia garden with lots of love and care.  Hatching brine shrimp to feed the only corals I can have with any success.   I have discovered a rather cool way of harvesting the little blitters off live rock...

THEY WILL ALWAYS GO TOWARDS THE LIGHT! 
Sooo if you put a 32mm BLACK pipe over them, they will crawl out.   I find it happens at night and the good thing is you are not stressing them at all so they wont release lots of little gamates.
Put a black pipe over the Aiptasia, and they will crawl out towards the sun


No comments:

Post a Comment